Please read this privacy notice carefully as it describes our collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your personal information.
This privacy notice applies to when you use our website service and the choices you have in association with that data. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers. This Privacy Notice sets out how we will treat your personal information on our website.
This notice applies for the Carter Thermal Industries Group, being Carter Thermal Industries Ltd and any or all of its subsidiary companies (“the Company”) namely:
- Carter Environmental Engineers
- Carter Retail Equipment Ltd (incorporating Carter Cold store Systems)
- Carter Synergy Ltd (incorporating CPC (UK))
- Franklin & Hodge Industries Ltd
- KB Refrigeration Ltd
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on a User’s device.
Data Processor (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any person (other than an employee of the Data Controller) who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
The User is the individual using our Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
What information do we collect?
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of our website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
Where you provide us with your personal information you agree that we may collect, store and use it
- In order to perform our contractual obligations to you
- Based on our legitimate interests for processing (i.e. for internal administrative purposes, data analytics and benchmarking) direct marketing, maintaining automated backup systems for the detection or prevention of crime or
- based on your consent, which you may withdraw at any time
Using your personal information
Personal information submitted to us via our website will be used for the purposes specified in this Privacy Notice or in relevant parts of the website.
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer the website.
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
- Enable your use of the services available on the website.
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications.
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested.
- Send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user.
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
A cookie consists of a piece of text sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser.
Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a pop-up prompt requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies unless those Cookies are strictly necessary; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended. You will be given the opportunity to allow and/or deny different categories of Cookie that we use.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on our website. We will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
In addition to the controls that we provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling.
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Retention of Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide via our website on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. In practice, you will usually expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes. You will also be provided with the opportunity to withdraw consent for these purposes. All requests for withdrawal of previous consent should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third party websites
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 ("Children"). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
By post: Carter Thermal Industries, Redhill Road, Hay Mills, Birmingham, B25 8EY